If you’re asking yourself – How can I learn to code? How can I make a website? Where do I start? – then you’ve come to the right place.
Please add your suggestions in the comments and I’ll try to update this list regularly.
Learning, gamified! Probably the most fun way to learn a new language.
- Code Wars - Improve your skills by training with others on real code challenges.
- Exercism - Code practice and mentorship for everyone.
- hackr.io - Find the Best Programming Courses & Tutorials.
Web Development Playgrounds
Places to write code online. No need to install anything!
- JSBin - One of the most popular web development playgrounds.
- JSFiddle - JSFiddle is a lightweight cloud JS editor designed for developers who want to tweak and test blocks of JS, CSS and HTML code.
- Codiad - Codiad is a web-based IDE framework with a small footprint and minimal requirements.
- Plunker - Plunker is an online community for creating, collaborating on and sharing your web development ideas.
- Codepen - A playground for the more creative people. Pens often include inspirational CSS, Canvas and WebGL examples.
All the knowledge for free.
My favourite way to learn. Grab a coffee, do some cooking, and learn.
ES6 and Above
Document-Object-Model, i.e. the structure of web pages in a browser.
- The Art of Node - Introductory tutorial covering the basics.
- NodeSchool - Interactive self guided workshops you can also do on your own.
- Node Patterns - Short books about code and networking patterns related to Node.js.
- Learn Node - A premium training course to learn to build apps with Node.js, Express, MongoDB.